Jared Leto and Linkin Park remember Chester Bennington at the VMAs



Jared Leto and Linkin Park are not done paying tribute to the late Chester Bennington, who died last month.

Before the band took the stage to perform The Catalyst at the VMAs Sunday, Leto got emotional in a heartfelt commemoration speech about the late frontman.

“Chester was my friend, and he was to so many," he began. "And witnessing his life taught me important things, especially about working relentlessly, pursuing dreams and being kind and caring while doing it.”

“When I think about him, Chester, I see his face, which was always smiling. I think about his heart, which he wore on his sleeve. I think how kindly he treated me,” Leto continued. “I think about his wife and his six, six incredible children. I think about his family, I think about his band, who were really his brothers and I remember his voice. At once ferocious and delicate, that voice will live forever.”

Leto also brought up the topic of suicide and encouraged anyone struggling to seek help.

“If there is anyone out there who is watching this tonight who feels like there is no hope, hear me now: you are not alone," Leto urged. "There is always a way forward, reach out, share your thoughts, do not give up. And I promise you this, the absolute biggest breakthroughs in life lie just beyond the darkest days.”

Bennington was found dead July 20 in his southern California home at age 41. The county coroner ruled his death a suicide by hanging.



Jared Leto and Linkin Park remember Chester Bennington at the VMAs Jared Leto and Linkin Park remember Chester Bennington at the VMAs Reviewed by Mostaqbali on August 28, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.